Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Peregrine Mk. II: Courier Automaton

First post on Polycount! This is a Steampunk-esque robot I made for an upcoming Indie horror project. Looking to improve so critique is needed/appreciated!

Replies

• Lukes3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lukes3D triangle

The modeling, texturing, lighting, etc. looks great. I don't see any problems.

But the design.. The lower body looks too shrunken. The middle part is too skinny. At least add two prongs/supports instead of one.

Your intention might have been to make a stubby dwarf like character. The legs look like their from a normal sized character but scaled down. Usually short people/midgets appear to have thicker legs because they are shorter. Their legs are actually the same thickness as a normal person, but their height is shorter, giving them a stubby look.

I would also move the leg pivot points to the center of the hip so its more balanced.

Is the middle connection just a hinge? If so, it would restrict the movement by alot. Consider replacing it with a ball joint.

• 3D4Miles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thank you so much for the feedback! I agree, from a functionality perspective there are issues I should look to address.