Factory 42 (London) is now looking for a 3D Character Rigger / Unity Technical Animator, working remotely.
Come and join us in creating innovative experiences, AR, VR, apps and games!
Please email your CV, website or demo reel to:
more details here:
Key responsibilities would include the following:
• Creating animation character rigs, both custom and Human IK based,
• Improving rigs and animation tools, working in-between departments,
• Skinning: good understanding of topology/deformations,
• Blend shapes creation and editing,
• Creating tools and scripts (MEL or Python),
• Familiar with game engine animation systems (eg. Unity, Unreal).
• Implementing assets in-engine,
• Retargeting and editing animation clips,
• Occasionally creating basic 3D animation clips: characters, creatures, props,
• Good understanding of animation principles,
• Knowledge of Maya, HumanIK and custom rigging. MotionBuilder is a plus.
• Debug problems in-engine, problem solving, troubleshooting,
• Willing to learn, teach others and suggest new tools and techniques.
• Professional game experience,
• Knowledge of Rigging process automation solutions,
• Github or other Version Control experience,
• Implementing In-Engine rigging, e.g. Look at Player, real time IK,
• State Machine / anim clips blending experience,
• Mo-cap experience is a plus,
• Has good animation jokes :D