Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Subway Station UE5

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
oxblood polycounter lvl 9

Hey guys, I've been working on this subway station and was looking for some crit, It would be much appreciated.

TY :)

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter

Heyo!

I think the lighting could be improved: Generally there seems to be a disconnect between light sources and light/shadows. The pillars don't seem to cast proper shadows onto the connecting surfaces. Also looks like you have shadows of ceiling elements on the ground, which is weird as the light would have to come through the ceiling. When lighting, I would start lighting the scene with light sources that exist in the game world and then add artificial/adjustment light layer later(s) if necessary (streaming level).

There are some pretty dark areas, makes it look like the wall in the background is floating. Could try get more indirect light (brighter albedo, increase indirect light bounces) or fake it.

The tracks look a bit flat and "empty". Wondering how do the train cars get electricity? But Maybe you didn't touch this part yet.

Material wise the yellow strip looks a bit too grungy imo (is normal map y-channel correct?).

Down the road, a detail pass would be cool, some trash and graffiti/tags.

Consider sharing more images and possibly some reference images to give a better picture of the project.

Keep it up, much success 🚀