Home Marmoset

Toolbag won't rebake any maps.

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
kanga quad damage

Win10

Toolbag v4.04

Hi. I have always had a problem with rebaking maps. Mostly I could get around it by changing the path and filename to bake a new map. Now I am trying to rebake an AO map as the first body bake included the hair mesh which would be weird when animated (big ropey rasta). I have done some tests and none of the maps will rebake. Give the map a new name (and or file path) and the bake is blank.

Any help appreciated.

Replies

• killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter

this definitely sounds like f*cky behavior.

maybe this is caused by your operating system user permission settings, or read/write restrictions in a directory.

had you by chance customized the program's install directory? like rather than C:/Program Files you used C:/Art Programs? sometimes that will mess with software behavior and scripts. may want to install system drivers, patch TB, or re-install as a last resort.

to circumvent the overwrite issue, i'd keep it's output folder open and manually delete the files before trying to re-bake.

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

We are not aware of any specific issues that would cause this. If you have any more information that would be good to see. For instance, do your bakes fail only in a certain scene, do they fail only when attempting to write to a certain directory, is the directory on a network drive, VPN, or some other location that has restricted access?

Other things to very would be: making sure you have administration rights on your computer, and that the folder you're writing to has full rights to read and write.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

@ killnpc@killnpc & EarthQuake

Yeah that was it I think. Toolbag is on the D drive. C drive is reserved for the Os. Looking at the folder permissions they were inherited (greyed out ticks) and running Marmoset in elevated admin mode fixed it. The writing and rewriting of maps was the only problem, running and saving the .tbscene has never been difficult.

Thanx for your help guys!

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Great, thank you for following up, I'm glad to hear it was a permissions issue.