Home Marmoset

Link multiple Texture Sets to a single Texture Project?

wilson66
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
wilson66 polycounter lvl 8

Hi,

I have a character that I'd like to bake in Marmoset Toolbag 4 using multiple texture sets. Then I'd like to link them into a single texture project, so I can see all the parts of the character at the same time.

This does not seem to work. In the bake project, I can't link all the texture sets to a single texture project. I can only link 1 texture set at a time to the texture project. When I select the same texture project in another texture set, the previous texture project link is set to "(None)" again.

What am I missing here? Is there something I did not set up correctly, or is it simply not possible to link multiple texture sets to a single texture project?

Replies

• killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter

correct me if i'm wrong... but, it sounds as though you're simply trying to apply multiple materials to the same mesh?

if so, your model will require multiple material IDs, that if you're exporting the mesh as a whole, you'll need to assign to specific faces. each material ID will assign a different material and its set of textures, like ID 1 would use - Mat_1, which references albedo_1, normal_1, roughness_1, etc and ID 2 would use - Mat_2, which references albedo_2, and so on.

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

This is not currently supported. Only one texture set can be associated with a single texture project.

In the future, we plan to investigate support for multiple texture sets/UDIMs.

For now, the workaround would be to combine your texture sets into a single texture set and adjust the UVs to match. For instance, if you have 4 texture sets at 2x2K, combine those into a single 4x4K map.