Home Marmoset

Bake Group confusion

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
kanga quad damage

Hi

TB v4.04

Watching the baking tute: 'Intro to baking' I thought the reason for bake groups was to separate mehses to prevent echoing. My model is made up of (groups of) objects that are far enough apart so as to avoid this. When placing these models in a bake group under one bake project this doesn't work. What am I not getting?

Any help appreciated.

Replies

• killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter

your understanding of a bake group is correct, they remove the need to explode a bake model and batch render then composite together groupings of the asset.

i haven't used toolbag for a few years but according to the "Intro to Baking - Learn Toolbag 4" (ep 6.) tutorial video, every lowpoly object placed in a bake group folder's low set must reference a correspondent highpoly object placed in its high set or the bake will be blank. these objects use the same asset name with respective suffixes: *_high and *_low. if the names are incorrect or mesh elements do not overlap, your bake will not yield a desired result.

double-check your pre-export object world coordinates, object names, and their folder placement within the bake group.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

Thanx killnpc.

Yes you are right. I took another look and there was more stuff I had missed. Fbx export from zB you can set to Toolbag amongst other things. I guess impatience is the mother of tom foolery!