Home Freelance Job Postings

[PAID] Looking for versatile 2D artist

NielsWosylus
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
NielsWosylus polycounter lvl 5

Hi, my name is Niels and I create indie games. I am looking to partner up with a 2D artist for an unannounced PC title. You can find a board showing some initial inspiration here: http://go.emberfly-studios.com/EeT. The game will feature an animated style presented from isometric perspective.

The project is currently in preproduction, and the initial goal of our collaboration will be to demonstrate that we can achieve the visuals we are aiming for. We will need to create a collection of artwork that shows what the game will look like, as well as some concepts to help define the mood and tone. The work will be integrated into a prototype allowing us to see it in action. I will be having meetings with publishers and investors in the upcoming months, as well as doing some early promotion to gauge player interest. If the reception is good and we enjoy working together, my hope is to get you onboard for the remainder of development (and possibly beyond). 

Your responsibility will be to design and paint characters, environments and items. Mine will be to provide you with the circumstances to practice your craft. While I will be providing lots of inputs and guidance in the beginning, I hope that in time you will be able to make the project your own. Creating games is a journey, a tough one at that, but when we get the chance to express ourselves it can be an incredibly rewarding experience. I can’t wait to see you breath life into the world we’re going to create. 

Let’s join forces and make the best game we possibly can. If you’re interested in learning more, please reach out to me either by message or in the comments.

- Niels