Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Mashup of two Sci-Fi Universes (one of them is Dune)

First off, there is one final section yet to be built that will tie it together. I have one major shot planned and this will mostly be a background object. I know that this is a long way from perfect, but it's the biggest project I've ever undertaken. I have modeled every single polygon here with no assets at all besides an HDRI and the treads are fully functional too so I am pretty happy with it so far.

All the parts on the tread line up basically perfectly (there is about .1% of overlap which I accounted for by making the bolt slightly smaller than the hole pictured below)

The wireframes are not the best and definitely too heavy in certain areas, but everything subdivides with no noticeable artifacts/creasing so overall I am happy with it. The worst part with a project this big is that I have gotten so much better as a modeler while working on it the past 5 weeks that the most recent parts are significantly better than what I started off with.

I hope someday to get a entry level position somewhere, I know I am still a mega-beginner and have a lot to learn though.

Replies