Home Freelance Job Postings

[FREELANCE] 3D Environment & Prop Artists

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Robert Berrier polycounter lvl 10

High Priority – Game Art is looking for artists to bolster our ranks. Remote work, freelance and long-term. We seek long term collaboration, and so will prefer those who support that. See our work to get an impression who we are: https://highpriority.com/

Skills we seek:

• At least 5 years of professional experience at a studio larger than 5 people.
  • Great communication, competency & autonomous work ethic. We expect people to handle challenges and deliver beyond expectations. At this time we cannot hold your hand, and cannot support interns or those that are learning.
  • Strong understanding of game engines and the required art for them. Tri-count, animation limits, material/shader limits, batching, draw calls, etc. For engines such as Unreal, Unity, VR, Mobile, WebGL.
  • Able to fully and professionally implement your work directly into game engines without anyone else getting involved. Creating clean prefabs, materials, shaders, scenes, characters, etc’
    • If you are a character artist, rigger or animator. We expect you to make it walk and run with a player controller.
    • If you are a Prop or Environment artist. We expect you to be able to create assets and functional maps with correct LOD’s, collision, lighting, post, etc
    • If you are a tech-artist, VFX or shader artists. We expect you to fully implement and hook your work into the game-engine without anyone else involved.
  • Clean workflow, organization and deliveries. With a strong understanding of why we work with conventions and protocols. We expect that what you deliver is QA checked by yourself and works without error.
  • Good understanding of art fundamentals and creativity. Meaning, you are able to tackle challenging art tasks on your own.

I am not super active on Polycount, so it’s best to shoot me an email at hiring@highpriority.com. This lands into my work inbox.

Hopefully we get a chance to work together.

Regards,

Robert Berrier | Managing Director & Master 3D Artist

High Priority - Game Art