Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I need feedback on this render.

CNG
CNG
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
CNG

These are a few shots from a bot model that I created and textured; modelled in Blender and textured in Substance 3D Painter. I'm only a few months into 3D Art and Concept Work and I would love feedback and criticism on this render. I also attached a 2D concept drawing that I did myself in the initial concept and sketching phase while using references to come up with an original design. I would really appreciate any feedback and pointers on what you think might be missing or simply anything to help me get better. Thanks!

Replies

• killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter

it looks very nice.

you may want to pull the exposure back a tiny bit. as i understand i think the general rule of thumb is to try and prevent a lit surface from flattening too harshly from a bright light so not to lose surface detail but, i'm positive this is one of those art rules that is flexible and can be broken for effect.

the only other thing that stands out as far as i can tell is less a render thing and more of a material thing. i think your glass could use a little thickness and specular characteristics. i think that type of stuff is always fun to explore.

it might look more accurate if you decrease the emission of the yellow light on the side, lights usually aren't as vibrant in daylight.

i like the idea of a spider legged greenhouse robot.

• CNG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CNG

A bit long overdue, but thank you for the advise...I definitely overdid the exposure on this one and my glass shader wasn't looking any good as well. Also thank you for the awesome name, spider legged greenhouse robot...would have never thought of that, honestly. Thank you!