Storyboard Labs is a game/3D generalist studio.
We have a proprietary game engine specific to creating beautiful real time multiplayer experiences for the web.
What an Environment Artist does for Storyboard Labs
- Create environment and level related meshes, materials, and textures according to best practices within a Unity 3D development pipeline to maintain a visual style and optimal performance.
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit poly counts, draw call limits, texture memory, gameplay space collisions.
- Use of instance meshes
- Texture painting
- PBR textures
- Taking your high poly sculpts and source art and creating real-time environment art models and textures that are production ready.
What we are looking for
- 5-7 or more years experience with environment art in a production environment.
- AAA game development experience.
- Professional experience and understanding of stylized art style.
- Passion to learn and teach new methods and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Blender and or Maya, Photoshop.
- Strong understanding of Unity 3D.
- Comfortable working quickly within an iterative development process.
- Comfortable receiving and giving constructive criticism and making artistic adjustments.
- Ability to lead small teams.
How to apply
Send an email to [email protected]
Name, art station link, resume, timezone, and reason as to why you want to join the Storyboard team :)
To see some of the stuff we do, checkout