Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(UE4) Need Feedback for Stylized Diorama Scene

KatharinaSuhany
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
KatharinaSuhany polycounter lvl 4

Hello everybody!

I am currently working on the last details of my stylized scene and I would really appreciate some feedback to guide me to the finish line :)

The scene is based off this concept by neytirix

My main goal with the scene was to challenge myself with working in a different art style and make it look decent in engine. Personally I think that there may be some things in the lighting that could use some polishing but I have been starring at the scene for so long that I may be completely missing some other glaring mistakes.

I would really appreciate feedback and criticisim on my work to futher improve my work! 

Thank you in advance for your time!

I am looking forward to reading you guys feedback! :)

Replies

• ElyesBens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElyesBens polycounter lvl 5

Probably rework the scale of the models and rearrange the scene to match the concept art, I suspect the artist has carefully composed the image in regards of shape , elements and placement of the subjects to make an aesthetically pleasing image.

Also you referred to the lighting, I think it's fine as a start, but you could throw more work in this area. For starters less sharp shadows

• KatharinaSuhany
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thank you very much for your feedback - I will try to implement as much as possible and send an update!

• KatharinaSuhany
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Back with my update - I filled up the shelfes a bit more and added the curtain.

There is not actually much I can do to soften up the shadows due to the toon shader I am using in the scene.

Feedback is as always very welcome! :)

• KatharinaSuhany
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Back with my update - I filled up the shelfes a bit more and added the curtain.

There is not actually much I can do to soften up the shadows due to the toon shader I am using in the scene.