Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

CIRCUS - A Ruined subway station in Unreal Engine 5

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
sgv3dmax polycounter lvl 15

It has been a while since I posted something in Polycount. But now I started working on a 3d environment scene inspired by a concept I found on Artstation. The concept is by Aeryn Gray. Here is the link to her Artstation profile:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/18xqkq

I will not be doing it exactly the same as the concept, but plan to bring some game play elements as well so that the player can enjoy it closely. Unreal Engine 5 is still in Preview mode and is not production ready yet. But its very good for prototyping, especially real-time GI with Lumen helps me to focus on art rather than baking light maps a million times. Here are some screenshots.

All critiques welcome :)

Currently the vine leaves and roots are just flat textures on planes, I plan to add 3d leaf cards on them in next stage. Here is the HD texture used on vines

Replies

• Sequence
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sequence triangle

Neat! It's nice to see an outdoor subway station. I really like the water pooling around the tracks, it adds a great touch.

Do you plan to add more debris or vegetation to the platforms on the sides? They're too empty and clean for an abandoned station. I think the vines hanging from the arches could also be a lot longer in some places since they seem somewhat even when you look at the scene from a distance.

Looking forward to seeing more!

• sgv3dmax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sgv3dmax polycounter lvl 15

Thank you for the comment.

Everything in the scene is in their first level of quality (L1s) and I will be polishing to L3 once they are done. Platforms are just bare basic now with nothing on top. I will be adding debris + vegetation on top. Also there will be layers of dirt on it using vertex painting and decals.

Yeah for the vines, I currently have only 3 versions scattered across the scene, will be adding more variations for sure like longer ones :)

Thanks again!!