Home Marmoset

Camera Issue

Offline / Send Message
Pinned

Hi

I'm trying to render a character to composite it on top a filmed footage in After Effects. I've 3D tracked the footage in Cinema 4D and imported that as FBX into Marmoset Toolbag 4. Everything looked fine, but after I rendered the scene, I realized that camera is Marmoset doesn't exactly match what I had 3D tracked in Cinema4d. all frame rates are set to 25. Can someone please help me solve this?

Thanks!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

If you go to the camera object you can enable Safe Frame, this will give you an accurate preview of your render region.

Depending on the settings in your 3D application and the aspect ratio of your video, the FOV/focal length of the lens may need to be adjusted to match.

• mrezo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thank you for your reply. But that didn't solve the issue, it's still the same. The lens in Cinema4D is 35 mm and FOV is 21.388.

Cinema4D camera:

Camera imported into Marmoset:

I don't think it's a FOV issue, it more looks like a frame-rate issue to me.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but Marmoset starts with a 3d fps timeline, when I set it to 25 I get this message:

I change the fps and then import the camera. I don't know if it does anything to the camera keyframes or not. but the problem looks to me like it has something to do with fps.

This is the camera in Cinema4D. This is how it's supposed to look like. I don't know what changes when I transfer the camera to Marmoset.

• mrezo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thank you for your reply. But that didn't solve the issue. The camera lens in Cinema4D is 35 mm and the FOV is 21.388.

The Cinema4D camera:

The Marmoset Toolbag camera:

I'm not sure if the FOV is the problem here. It looks like it has something to do with frame-rate. I don't know if this is a problem or not, when I change the framerate in Marmoset timeline from 30 (it starts in 30 every time) to 25 I get this message:

I don't know if this messes with the camera keyframes or not. I do import the camera after I've changed the frame rate in Marmoset to 25.

This is the camera in Cinema4D. This is how it's supposed to look like. I'm not sure what happens when I transfer my camera to Marmoset.