Home Technical Talk

Ideal software for modelling and rendering realistic plastic packaging

Hello,

We were working with a 3d artist to render our cosmetic products before the production but unfortunately we can't anymore (their choice). As I've used some 3d softwares before (mainly 3ds max) I thought maybe I could give it a try. I know they weren't using something like 3ds max or Maya but I don't know what software were they using. Here is one of the renders, normally there is a sticker on it but I hide it:

Do anyone have any clue what software may give this kind of render? I know many softwares can do it based on render settings but I thought maybe someone may have an idea about the software. If not, which software would be ideal to draw something like this? By the way I know 3d modelling is very hard but like I said I have some experience that's why I wanted to give it a go.

Thanks

Replies

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Ideal software for modelling and rendering realistic plastic packaging

We were working with a 3d artist to render our cosmetic products before the production but unfortunately we can't anymore (their choice). As I've used some 3d softwares before (mainly 3ds max) I thought maybe I could give it a try. I know they weren't using something like 3ds max or Maya but I don't know what software were they using. Here is one of the renders, normally there is a sticker on it but I hide it:

Do anyone have any clue what software may give this kind of render? I know many softwares can do it based on render settings but I thought maybe someone may have an idea about the software. If not, which software would be ideal to draw something like this? By the way I know 3d modelling is very hard but like I said I have some experience that's why I wanted to give it a go.

here's a basic end-to-end product viz walk through, with a few pointers

( btw an app biased opinion, of course )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMfMqK4Y3qk

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

sacboi:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMfMqK4Y3qk

Yup, that'll do it. You should look at HDRI environments in general, and it looks like studio lights in particular.

• Phi25
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

The software doesn't really matter. You can use Maya, 3dsMax, Cinema4D, Blender. What's more important is the modeling process of the object and your lighting, render settings etc. to make it look photorealistic. You can achieve that in all the softwares that I mentioned.