Home Marmoset

Selection Tools

Hi. I've just started learning Marmoset Toolbag 4 and I'm really digging it! I have a few feature requests regarding the selections tools.

1) When I create a selection using one of the selection tools like the Rectangle Select, I'd like to be able to transform the selection. It would be very useful to rotate, scale and reposition it (In both the 3D and 2D view). This would really enhance the user's ability to paint in precise shapes.

2) Right now its very easy to lose a selection you've made. As soon as you click anywhere, the selection is gone. I've found myself accidentally deselecting my selection over and over again because I clicked somewhere. Perhaps it should be a little more difficult to deselect. I think that even changing the way to deselect from left mouse click to right mouse click could help.

3) I'd like to be able to save/load selections. This would be another enhancement to the user workflow and would cut down on time and effort spent recreating selections over and over again.

Could we expect upgrades like this in a future update?

Please let me know if any of these features already exist and I just don't know about them. Thank you!