Home Technical Talk

3DS low poly process clarity of viewport / Toggle Wireframe on one Object?

mpuLse
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
mpuLse polycounter lvl 3

Hey there!

Late night thought, I've been working on my next major environment for my portfolio to showcase my increased skills in hard surface work. Previously being Maya taught, I've now fully converted to 3ds and blender as I now know both pretty well and I'm proud to say it's going really well! (might make a progress blog on it here soon haven't decided yet.)

However one thing has bugged me so much in 3DS, and I'm hoping a vet here would be kind enough to help me with this.

Coming from Maya and then Blender the one thing I value a lot is when all is said and done and you're making your lowp or optimizing to match your high, the viewport and the way wireframe overlay are handled and able to be togglable.. Makes the low poly process easy to see and distinguish from your high poly.

In 3DS, the viewport is sometimes a nightmare. I find I can easily get lost when working my lowp to match the highpoly. Xray-Ed or not.. Either or on the low or high.. The fact that like.. The wireframe is just on for everything or off for everything not one object is sort of crappy. Ideally it would be sweet to have the lowp have wireframe overlay on and the rest of the highp wireframe overlay set to off.. To make the process easier to read and match in the viewport.

Is this just me? Anyone else having or had this issue before?

Thanks for your time people!

Cheers

Replies