What would you be using to make a personal library and timeline with all of your art, including the really old stuff?
I'm a 3D Artist and I'm looking for a social media platform that I can use to upload everything I have (that's not under NDA) chronologically.
I like keeping track of my progress and I also tend to forget that I've created a lot of artworks and assets. Looking at what I've already done and at how much better I got pushes me forward.
What I'm looking for:
- Ability to separate into posts.
- Ability to download the images after posting in full resolution, since I also want to use this as a backup.
- Ability to move around posts so that I can change the order of things if needed.
- Ability to set a post to private.
- No upload cap.
- Square thumbnail format, to keep consistency with Artstation and Instagram.
- If possible, it would be nice to also have a mobile application for IOS and Android. It's nice to show people some of my older stuff as well when I'm outside and they ask about what I'm doing.
Here are some more websites that I've tried for posting all of my work:
- Artstation - Using this for portfolio. I have one post for "older work", just in case someone asks about it, but I'd like to see separate thumbnails per project without messing up my portfolio.
- Deviant Art - I can download full-resolution images, but I can't create separate posts with thumbnails, otherwise, this would be ideal.
- Behance - I can download full-resolution images, have separate posts with multiple images and keep posts private. I've been using this for a while, but I feel kind of bad for posting older bad quality work on a professional website. On another note, it's also a bit annoying that their thumbnails have a different size format than Artstation and Instagram, but that's not really a dealbreaker since it offers everything else.
- Custom Website - Not sure what I was using, but I had some sort of blog format/timeline a few years ago and I couldn't download full-resolution images. The downside is that I would not have a community on a website, but maybe that's for the best when it comes to older artwork. Maybe I should try this again, but while replicating the structure from Instagram or Artstation. Does anyone know of a free and easy to use website construction tool? I also know of Wix but I'm not a fan of how that logo appears everywhere.
- Carbonmade - Tbh I'm not sure what the limitations are anymore. I used this about 6 years ago and I have no idea if it would meet the criteria above nowadays. About 6 years ago it used to have a cap for the amount of stuff you can post.
Websites I haven't used but I am considering:
- Communities: CgSociety,
- Website Builders: Squarespace,