We have posted a small sample of the positions available at Tactic Studios. Please see https://www.tacticstudios.com/careers.php for all available positions.
We are looking for a talented Environment Artist to join our team and create high quality 3D environments for a brand new IP published by Square Enix. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated artist with capable of producing beautiful and functional spaces for a multiplayer game.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Create high and low polygon 3D environment assets for exteriors and interiors.
- Create UVMaps, textures, and materials for assets following a PBR pipeline.
- Work with level designers to develop a cohesive layout for 3D assets, resulting in a beautiful, yet functional play space.
- Modify and optimize assets based on artistic feedback and performance or memory limitations.
- Design and conceptualize 3D assets from reference images.
- Expertise modeling high and low polygon 3D models using 3DS Max or Maya.
- Expertise sculpting in Zbrush.
- Expertise creating textures using a physically based materials system such as Substance painter and designer.
- Experience with a modern 3D game engine such as Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Understand technical performance and memory considerations and are committed to creating efficient meshes and textures.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional creativity and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
- Experience lighting environments in a modern game engine.
- Ability to create functional 2D illustrations and concepts for 3D assets.
- Experience with 3D animation and rigging.
How to Apply
You will need to provide:
- Portfolio demonstrating high-poly and low-poly 3D assets and textures that you have created. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to [email protected], subject "Environment Artist".