Home Marmoset

Maya to Toolbag, Animation Glitching

SHARP3D
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
SHARP3D polycounter lvl 3

I am comping together a relatively simple scene. A hand drawn background plate with some 3D elements that are animated.

The animation done in Maya is very simple. The 3D crystals you see are animating on a turntable and the individual crystal shards are also rotating around at different speeds. The sequence is long, 3,260 frames. This is being animated to a short music track, so the animation needs to hit a few beats, hence the length.

For whatever reason, there's always a frame or two when a couple shards shift position for some weird reason. This glitch is not present in Maya. If I open the FBX of the animation in a clean Maya scene, it's also not glitching. Only in toolbag. I'm running version 3.08

If I go into Maya and adjust some animation curves and re-export, this particular glitch will be be gone, but a different glitch effecting different shards will occur.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thanks for the report. Does this happen in the middle of the animation, or is it at the end?

By default, the Loop feature is enabled, which will lerp the last frame to the first frame. This can cause a pop or glitch if the animation isn't designed to loop. You can turn this off in the file reference properties.

Let me know if that solves it.