Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Vampire Rhea

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Glynnybob polycounter lvl 7

Current Stage

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting a new character! the lovely Vampire Rhea created by Zara H

Their work can be found here: https://www.artstation.com/za_ra_h and their Twitter here: https://twitter.com/za_ra_h_?lang=en-GB

So far it's very early days and hopefully I can create something amazing!

As always any feedback would be wonderful.

Replies

• Glynnybob
    Offline / Send Message

No Idea What I'm Doing!

Been twiddling my thumbs with this, I need to figure out how to move to the next step properly as I'm just stuck currently.

Also need to work on my anatomy some more here, I'll get it going soon.

If anyone has any tips for moving onto the next stage or a swift kick up the arse I'd be very grateful!

• Glynnybob
    Offline / Send Message

I'm Back!

Between a full time job and running a pub I've been very busy lately, finally got some time to work on this lovely lady again.

Feeling a bit rusty to be honest but glad to be back working on a character piece again! So far I need to fill out her face some more, slim down the neck and add a few tweaks here and there to get her closer to the concept.

As always any feedback is welcome.

• Glynnybob
    Offline / Send Message

New Update!

Two days of updates, something must be wrong with me.

I fixed some of the areas I noticed last time so thinned the neck, filled out the face a little more and matched it to the concept some more while taking some aspects from the references I've collected of Yaya Dacosta, while also finding some references of anatomy for the body which still needs a few tweaks to clean up especially around the shoulders.

• Glynnybob
    Offline / Send Message

Update

This will be my last bit of tweaking for the head, I need to move on or I'll stay tweaking and changing forever at this rate!

Any last bits of feedback before I jump ahead would be greatly appreciated

Few more tweaks on the body before I move on too as I'm just staring and sculpting liiiiiiitle bits instead of just finalizing what I got and just moving on.

• Glynnybob
    Offline / Send Message

Making a Mess

Quick sculpt for ideas for the outfit, got a few references for the cloak but not enough for the pants, gonna collect some more refs and hopefully get something better than this.

Send help via feedback!

• Glynnybob
    Offline / Send Message

Quick Update

Added a bit more flowy bits to the dress after some feedback and really looking at some more references

• Glynnybob
    Offline / Send Message

Been a while

Busy busy busy, but I found some time to chip away at the lady, I think I'm almost done with the high poly, gotta add a few more things make some more tweaks and eventually I'll get somewhere.

• HarlequinWerewolf
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequinWerewolf polycounter

I really like the jacket... coat... wrap thing, matches well with the concept. I'm curious how you're going to approach the hair?

• Glynnybob
    Offline / Send Message

@HarlequinWerewolf I'm genuinely curious how I'm going to approach it too, I've got an idea for starting it but thinking and doing are very different things haha.

• Glynnybob
    Offline / Send Message

She got them teeth!

Quick update, found a bit of time to make some teeth and some tweaks to the high poly. Also retopped the whole body so the head is attached to the rest of the body now for a cleaner sculpt.

Also added some heels, never done heels before so if they're wrong, tell me off.

• Glynnybob
    Offline / Send Message

Anatomy Anatomy Anatomy!

Any feedback is really appreciated!

• Glynnybob
    Offline / Send Message

Skin Detailing Test

Bit the bullet and jumped onto the next stage instead of pottering around being all anxious about moving forward, so here's the first pass of pore and skin details.

I'm using the basic brushes and alphas to get a feel for the skin and try out some stuff before I go about making or getting a proper skin pore alpha to give this a good go and get this character high poly done.

Also getting the lips right will be my biggest challenge for the head of this character.