Home Freelance Job Postings

[PAID] Looking for Cost of Translating 2D Character Art into 3D Model

Hi there! I represent Shimmersoft, a two-person indie studio that focuses on visual novels. We're considering having our artist's character designs translated into rigged 3D models and would like to gauge interest and assess the cost. If you'd like a sense of said character design and some basic details about the game in question, I encourage you to visit its itch.io page: https://shimmersoft.itch.io/heartlines

Our primary game engine right now is Tyranobuilder, which recently gained the functionality to pose and animate 3D models in .gltf format (if that information is useful at all). In terms of level of detail, we'd prefer a relatively simpler "anime"-like approach rather than photorealism (think the models from recent Ace Attorney games). The models would need solid rigging for posing, but I don't expect we'll have elaborate animations.

Obviously, we're tiny and want to keep our budget reasonable, but we understand that this kind of work is complicated and can be costly, so please be realistic about your time investment. Thank you for your time and interest!