Home Career & Education

Student survey

Is digital visualization an effective medium of communication in the design industry?

Digital Visualization: The use of computer technology to create images, diagrams, or animations that communicate a message.

Hello, my name is Charlie Copeland and I am a student from Newcastle College. The goal of this survey is to gain responses to these questions that will be used as research for a dissertation task for my course. The responses will remain anonymous, the information shared will be treated confidentially and will be referenced on the dissertation only.

Many thanks, Charlie Copeland

1.     Why is digital visualization and technology important in your job?

2.     How would you still be able to work at your job not being able to use digital visualization and technology?

3.     Can you tell me if you are worried that people might not learn other skills required for your job if they focused only on digital visualization and technology?

4.     Can you get more job opportunities if you knew how to use more software?

5.     Which kind of software do you currently know how to use?

6.     Would you consider using other hardware such as virtual reality and augmented reality in the future?

7.     Do you produce renders of images that use other rendering styles than photorealism?

8.     What kind of problems have you encountered producing photorealistic rendered images?

9.     What sort of development in digital visualization and technology do you think would benefit you greatly?

Replies