Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Concept Art/Character Design Portfolio Critique

Hello!

I'm currently working on a capstone portfolio for school, which will also act as a professional portfolio after I graduate.  My focus is on 2D concept art and character design, but I have some 3D experience and model assets as well.

Any and all critiques are welcome!  A lot of the assets I have in my portfolio are things that I'm still working on for class, but any feedback on the direction I should be going in, what works and what doesn't work, etc. would be awesome.

Portfolio: https://battycosmos.artstation.com/

Replies

• hwaminjung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hwaminjung polycounter lvl 2
    Hey there, I think if you are looking to be a concept artist, you should first of all change the order of your portfolio pieces, I think while the vase is a fine piece, it is not your specialty, so I would bring that last.
    I do like that you put things like initial sketchs and color variations in your projects, it shows that you think about your design.
    Some fundamental things like anatomy and perspective could be improved, but those things will naturally get better as you become a better artist. If you would like a drawover for anatomy, I wouldn't mind at all.
    I think the mr buttons character is your best work. It says in the description that he eats children, maybe you could show some images of his evil/true self?