Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Seeker Hunter

devouring
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
devouring polycounter lvl 4
Seeker Hunter , practice and fun with Zbrush.Rendering in Arnold.

Replies

• OfficialPeeper
    Few criticisms for you: the waist, arms (arms? Legs? Idk) and neck are very well done. I'm also a really big fan of the use of tubes and hydraulics. The feet though are a total let-down and need a little more complexity (possibly toes, if they're canonically compatible with the design), the plates covering the torso don't feel bulky or voluminous enough (maybe make them thicker and more polygonal?) and the shoulders are, to put it politely, hot garbage. I'd also recommend reducing the shape complexity of the "eyebrows" (those little bits above what I assume are the eyes, it's hard to tell) or splitting them into two interconnected pieces that sort of wrap around the "eyes". Lastly, if this is a hunter, a few more triangles and proportional adjustments could really help communicate that (look up some guides about shape language, its a pretty simple and easy to pick up concept that can really improve your designs).
  • devouring
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    devouring polycounter lvl 4
    Few criticisms for you: the waist, arms (arms? Legs? Idk) and neck are very well done. I'm also a really big fan of the use of tubes and hydraulics. The feet though are a total let-down and need a little more complexity (possibly toes, if they're canonically compatible with the design), the plates covering the torso don't feel bulky or voluminous enough (maybe make them thicker and more polygonal?) and the shoulders are, to put it politely, hot garbage. I'd also recommend reducing the shape complexity of the "eyebrows" (those little bits above what I assume are the eyes, it's hard to tell) or splitting them into two interconnected pieces that sort of wrap around the "eyes". Lastly, if this is a hunter, a few more triangles and proportional adjustments could really help communicate that (look up some guides about shape language, its a pretty simple and easy to pick up concept that can really improve your designs).

thanks for advice