Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Guys, i need your help with my new portafolio work (Star Wars 3d concept design/art)

Guys, hello everyone and I need your feedback and your opinion: I want to become a concept designer of the environment, respectively, I started slowly filling my portfolio, based on the fact that the concept designer should primarily convey the atmosphere of the environment, the mood, make some key shots so to speak, respectively, I focus on light, color, composition, not forgetting about texturing and modeling I recently posted my first work at an Artstation (I'll attach it below) the idea was that I wanted to convey the atmosphere of the passage of space destroyers "Venators" through the cradle of stars/cosmic nebula and I got quite adequate feedback:
- a lot of noise in the image( I added it on the post and overdid it, I agree)
- too round spaceship engines(i agree, I think there's a lack of air perspective around them)
- the fire looks exaggerated, unnatural(not enough smoke, I agree)
- it's a bit dark (maybe not sure, that was the idea)
- being about the same distance the small debris is in the focus of the camera one by one(looks strange, that's my point)
- they say the work looks like a still image, I did not think it was bad (but maybe not enough fire blur, to give more dynamics to the image, although I did it in the second version, okay, I agree looks strange)
However, there is the feedback that I do not understand - people stupidly do not understand what the work is about, but I do not blame them!!! I first did not understand what they mean, and when it came to me, no one understand what is depicted in the image, what kind of ship, in general, as it looks from the side, I understand it only because I am a fan of the universe of Star Wars, all silhouettes I recognize, but not my viewer!!!
Is this true and how critical is it?
Accordingly, here are my questions and requests: 
- Please adequately assess the work (in terms of atmosphere, recognizability of objects, light, and shade, etc.) and give me feedback from the perspective of conceptual designers, artists on the work itself
- I have no drawing skills: respectively, my Pipeline is built as follows: modeling, texturing, rendering, overpainting (I'm working on it), how much of this working scheme? 
-How long can the concept of saying a very detailed environment be created in the studio, how long is it allowed to work on the project on the real job? 
I would be glad to get all possible information from you, thanks!
Sorry for the mistakes in my English)