Home Technical Talk

Clean up photo for projection on model

Hello, need help, how i can clear the reference photo in photoshop. glare, shadows and different shades of lighting. i need flat color for creet base color map ptojection in mari are substance painter. If you now any tutorial are instruction, paid or free I'll be very grateful) 
There are examples that I wanted to get, but they are not very good, I do not need to remove parts of the face I need to make the colors flat.

Replies

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    There are programms that can do it automatically :  Unity Art engine (very good result. AI based)  for example    or  Lightbrush  cloud.     But I usually just do it in Photoshop or Affinity Photo by inpainting /content aware fill  and hi-pass .     APhoto has a nice frequency separation tool right away  with cool preview.   You can make a stack of separation layers  , record an adjustable on the fly macro and use it  as your tool. Also I prefer APhoto inpainting  slightly  over  Photoshop content aware fill.   

In short you first get rid of contrast details and white background by  in-panting them   than use hi-pass/blur based frequency separation to get rid of macro shading

Substance Designer and Sampler also have tools for that but they kind of less controllable  and based on same hipass idea

• Halibut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop said:
    There are programms that can do it automatically :  Unity Art engine (very good result. AI based)  for example    or  Lightbrush  cloud.     But I usually just do it in Photoshop or Affinity Photo by inpainting /content aware fill  and hi-pass .     APhoto has a nice frequency separation tool right away  with cool preview.   You can make a stack of separation layers  , record an adjustable on the fly macro and use it  as your tool. Also I prefer APhoto inpainting  slightly  over  Photoshop content aware fill.   

In short you first get rid of contrast details and white background by  in-panting them   than use hi-pass/blur based frequency separation to get rid of macro shading

Substance Designer and Sampler also have tools for that but they kind of less controllable  and based on same hipass idea

Thank you  for describing so many tools. Apparently I need to learn how to use Photoshop. And find training on how to treat human skin with hi-pass