Home Marmoset

FBX from Blender 3 not animating in Toolbag 4.03

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
kanga quad damage
I have 2 characters I would like to show animated in the Marmoset viewer. Both characters play alembic animations in Toolbag fine. One of those characters plays its animation in the viewer, the other not. I read that  fbx Imports are supported but I cant import keyframe data for some reason. All meshes are selected and visible, skeleton is selected and visible, action editor has all keyframes selected as does the timeline, animation baking selected in fbx export prefs along with mesh and rig.

Any advice appreciated.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Only FBX animations are supported in Viewer, so if you're trying to load an Alembic ABC file, you'll be able to play it back in Toolbag but not Viewer.

Certain other features like blend shapes may not be supported in Viewer as well.

If it's an FBX file using standard animation data, could you please email a copy of the file to support@marmoset.co along with a description of the problem and the rigging setup?
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Thanks for your offer EarthQuake. Understandable that my rig doesnt work in the toolbag viewer, Like I said the bird character with standard rig does work so I am re rigging my character with simple bones. This one should be viewer compatible. I had written:

Ah looks like rigify wont work with marmoset, or any game engine known to man. Will just have to standard rig the main character.  

Thanks again for your advice.