Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Classy Dystopia

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
splicer polycounter lvl 7
The range of styles I do in 2D is result of 20 years commercial art experience

Really it's tip of ice burg because I won't be posting my NSFW portfolio here for obvious reasons.

My art is flat line and I know too much and simply laugh at all the amateur artists I see neglect the foundations and move just for flashy social media clout art. You can be popular, it doesn't make you good and especially doesn't make you easy or pleasing to work with. My pride comes in being a joy to work with.

Hey you can be apprehensive or realize it's not all about how 'good' or 'popular' someone else. Person to person social interaction is far more important. No one wants to work with anti social goobers no matter how 'good' they are. For me I have trouble with 'social media' as I am just social in real life, go figure.

Hey we're all artists here right? Right? I've dedicated my life to it and there will never be turning back. I used to 'draw' with a mouse in Photoshop when I was 11 years old because I didn't have a tablet, and always HATED crayons since I was 5 years old, I would use point dangerous for a child mechanical pencils and tiny micro tip pens! lol Now I have Oculus Rift S VR 3D sculpting to go with stylus sculpt and I salivate at any future tools and software.

I'm not here to teach or help, just to discuss. We live in a classy dystopia society where every move and web search is logged by Google via our smart phones, who needs science fiction?

Replies

• AwryChaos
    Nice work! I like the science fiction vibe and the fact it seems refreshing compared to what I have been seeing lately.

Are you Russian? I started learning Russian a few weeks ago. A most interesting language!
  • splicer
    Offline / Send Message
    AwryChaos said:
    Nice work! I like the science fiction vibe and the fact it seems refreshing compared to what I have been seeing lately.

Are you Russian? I started learning Russian a few weeks ago. A most interesting language!

Не, но съм слав...

Another one, I do make these for FUN, as my commercial work in comics takes up most of my time, I like to do art I enjoy in my free time.

• AwryChaos
    splicer said:
    AwryChaos said:

Не, но съм слав...

Another one, I do make these for FUN, as my commercial work in comics takes up most of my time, I like to do art I enjoy in my free time.

Nice picture! I'd like to see your NSFW stuff, too.
  • splicer
    Offline / Send Message
    AwryChaos said:
    splicer said:
    AwryChaos said:

Не, но съм слав...

Nice picture! I'd like to see your NSFW stuff, too.

Much appreciated! Thank you!