Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Vnce Shinkevich

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
VinceOrcis polycounter lvl 7
Hello Polycount. My name is Victor, but english-speakers can call me Vince.
https://www.artstation.com/vinceshinkevich

I'll be posting here some of the stuff that I sculpt compuslively that are not fit for postiong on ArtStation.

I do most of my stuff by my own lore, so never mind if I'll be posting some poorly written texts as well. This thread is mostly deticated to art, stuff that I do not to just promote my portfolio, but stuff that I'd be doing even if I wasn't paid for 3d. But you are welcome to ask any tech questions you might have, I'll be glad to share my sculpting and modelling techniques.

Work shedule can be tight and I do not know how often I'll be posting here. However I might show some WIPs of the bigger projects that I'm doing.
You are welcome to stay, wonderer.

Replies

• VinceOrcis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sanjæ mask

A quick piece that I've done while preparing for the next upcoming model and testing new brushes.

While designing the Tropic Elf items, I try to go for a mixture of indian and oriental vibes, with some extra SCI-FI-ish twists and arch designs. They have strict caste sosciety and masks is a huge aspect of their visual culture. In their worldview, one who holds his children and one who butchers his enemies are different individuals sharing the same body and masks are visual depiction of this philosophy.

This particular mask is worn by firinory, the caste of orators, poets and philosophers known for their fervent nature.
  • VinceOrcis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

It's been a while. Funny how you avoid posting WIPs just and keep yourself motivated. But I am kinda burned out AF, and some items, hairworks and texturing are yet to be complete. And the train goes on.

This time it will be an actual piece from my next upcoming big character. See the lacing? I even took time to UV the fiber samples before creating the curve brush, so that I could apply the stretched surface noise, so that it looks like an actual braided rope on the micro level.

Servitor, shamans' favorite. Commonly worn on a belt or as a main decoration to one's costume.

Carved of gemstone, a small totem is used as a storage place for a semi-sentient spirit, created by a skilled magi for simple daily tasks.

Servitors are pretty expensive, so throughout times and continents different magic civilizations crafted ture art pieces for their vessels.

When servitor power runs out, the stone is broken.

This particular totem is from Karharis, and using servitors for murder is concidered a haynes crime among the tropic elves.

look ma, I'm Dark Souls :D

Inspired by Korean norigae, and Chineese ivory carving.

• VinceOrcis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Well, that's been a long while.

Kinda hard to stay concistent with distractions like theese, but I'm managing, it seems. Now, to the new updates.

I was pretty hesitant about making this particular part. Arms are supposed to be the blocky weightened part of the character's detail flow. Many anime-ish over-the-top refs were tossed aside before approaching the desighn.

The idea is to combine oriental style but with some monk-ish and tribal vibes. Therefore I chose classic samurai sangu as a base, but added much rougher lacing for the fabrics. Now it's time to add some tubes to those beads, so that tey'd also give some samoan vibes as well. Not sure if I need ornaments on those plates but I'll have a chance to re-bake them after retopo if detail flow seems too shallow. That's the little trick guys. Concistency first, over-detaling later.

• VinceOrcis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hello diary.

Retopo days - boring days. But I have something to show in the meantime.

This one is to be placed as a trinket at the tail of the cape.

I chose some turkish jewelery as a base, but replaced floreal ornaments with calligraphy, hopefully making it look like microchip with scriptures. Terence McKena, neuro-semantic language, machine elves, that kind of mood.

• VinceOrcis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Some new WIPs are on their way.

But, I got the jewelry retopo ready. Couldn't help myself but do some renders.

Your artstation likes are most welcome.