Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for 3-D Artists for a user study (PhD Research Project)

Hello everyone!

My name is Karran and I’m a PhD Student at the University of Toronto. I’m working on designing a user-centered tool to visually explore / browse 3-D model repositories and wanted to interact with 3-D artists / designers to understand their needs and motivations for using such a tool. 

In particular, I’m looking to understand how existing 3-D models / data objects feature in your creative process and discuss your experience exploring the vast amounts of 3-D information we have available to us these days for reference, inspiration or part-based 3-D modelling. 

This would be part of a formal recorded user study, with incentives for participation. 

I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to take out the time to discuss this with me. Please respond to the thread or email me at karran13@gmail.com or karran@cs.toronto.edu if you are interested or have further questions!

P.S: This is my first time posting on the forum, and I've tried to abide by the rules I could see. I sincerely hope that this is the right place to post such a request, and if not, please feel free to let me know.