I'm participating in the Artstation challenge for the first time. I've been working on it for the past week and would love to get some feedback!
I chose to do Jeff Colin's Submission
for my environment.
Here is his final concept.
After gathering references, I started out with blocking out the scene.
I wanted to get a first pass of the rooms textures in the scene pretty early. I am using Substance Designer for the tile and wood flooring and ceiling. For the wallpaper, I knew that I don't have the skill level to try and pull that off in Designer (I'm still learning) so I created the alpha in Photoshop.
I created a trim sheet for the wall wood indents, window/wall trims, the bar and the crown molding. I haven't added the crown molding yet, it'll get done in the next few days.
This is where I'm at now.
I've tried playing around with the lighting. It isn't my strength so I know I have a lot of work to make it more appealing. I'm going to add the ceiling lights and the wall light next because I think that'll help.