Hi everyone this is my first time posting here. I don't wanna waste your time so I'll just be forward with it. I have been learning self taught blender for over 3-5 months now and my goal is to get a job in the Game industry (but I'll take anything at this point). since I'm self taught I don't have anyone to ask other than google but I can only get so much from it. so if you have the time, can you answer my questions?
Reasons for self taught
1. lack of funds (no job atm)
2. no schools that teach 3d modelling specifically in my province. (also even if there is i probably cant afford).
Things i have learned so far ( within 3-5 months)
1. how to 3d model, add materials, texture paint, rig(not good tho), procedurally make textures, bake normals,AO,roughness,Cavity maps. (not that well but im improving) all in blender.
2. using hdri for lighting or 3 point lighting.
3. how to export to 3d model to Quixel Mixer,unity and Unreal engine 4.
4. retopology and sculpting (very bad tho).
Things i think i need to learn
1. how to setup a scene in unity/unreal (including lighting, foilage, dirt, scatter of objects like flowers or trash)
2. how Quixel works ( tried last night model looks like it was textured with just solid colors instead of metallic or leather materials.)
3. how to sculpt on my tablet ( it feels wonky).
4. how to add imperfections better.
How i work
1. look at artstation and get an idea on what kind of environment i want to make or mimic
2. go to pinterest/ google search for references
3. box model the assets ( not modular)
4. texture with either solid colors or make a color ID map
5. procedurally generate textures in blender or bring to quixel and pray i know what im doing here.
6. bring textures to blender and take a picture.
7. try to improve the things i have learned today tomorrow.
1. Do you any curriculum for 3d environment artists that i can reference for my learning.
2. Is my work or skills below sufficient to get a job (entry level).
3. other than YouTube is there any other sites I may looks for tutorials?
4. what else should I learn.
5. since I have no income what jobs can I take related to 3d that I can take?
6. is Substance a good investment?
7. How do I know if I'm ready to start looking for a job?
8. how should i approach learning with in the intent of speed?
sorry for the long post, just really needed some guidance.