Home Marmoset

Export Alembic.abc from Blender to Marmoset texture problem.

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
kanga quad damage
Hi
Toolbag 4
Blender 3
I exported a model from Blender back to Toolbag for use in the viewer. In Toolbag the surface seemed bloated (I am guessing the normal map was the cause). I opened the baking scene in Marmoset and checked that I had baked using Mikk. I had. In Blender I checked the mesh and recalculated the external normals. I tried to open the two texture scenes I used to generate maps but both crashed. I am sending a scene and the error log to Marmoset support, but in the mean time maybe someone can help. Below is an example of the model in Toolbag, and below that the model in Blender. Grateful for any advice.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This looks like a triangulation issue. Make sure you're triangulating the mesh before exporting to Toolbag to bake, otherwise you may see triangulation mismatches with other apps, game engines, etc.

Also I would recommend FBX rather than ABC unless you need the geometry cache animation features (these are not supported in Viewer btw).
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Hi EarthQuake, thanks for your response.
    Yeah the whole mesh is triangulated, I learnt that in substance. I probably didnt explain well enough.
    The textures have been baked (super baked) in marmoset using mikk. They have been exported and applied to the model and they look very good. The model/s have been rigged, animated and exported to the toolbag viewer. The human model has gone from Substance to Blender to Toolbag and looks great. The bird model fas gone from Toolbag to Blender to Toolbag and looks great in Blender, in the viewer not so much. So I am wondering what I have done to mess the process up.