Home Marmoset

Marmoset 4 general laggyness?

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Shrike interpolator

(Posted on reddit but its not very populated) We are looking for substance alternatives and wanted to check back to M4 after trying the beta. In the beta I didn't like it because it always had these loading times and lags when doing things.

We just tested the latest demo and making a layer loaded for 2 seconds or something on a high end PC. clicking a paint layer button lags for 2 seconds and so on. Switching blending mode from screen to overlay loads for 1 second. I would like to give it a real try but like this I can't even recommend the team to start trying.

Is this really how it is or do we have some issues? Can this be fixed?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are some shader compiles that happen the first time you do things like add a layer of a certain type, change a blend mode, etc. These cache though and only need to be rebuilt when the app updates & those features change in a significant way. Once you've done most of the basic functions at least once it should feel snappy.

If you're seeing lag or delays when repeatedly doing simple things let me know, there may be some other issue.