Tic Toc Games is seeking a Lead 3D Technical Artist with expert knowledge of texturing, rigging, optimization, lighting, shader creation, post-processing and Unity. They must have a love for character, storytelling, and be a creative problem solver. They must be organized, detail-oriented, and work well in a collaborative, team environment.
This position is full-time. US-based applicants only.
- Work with the Art Director and Programming team to create a comprehensive pipeline for creating, importing, and exporting 3D assets of all kinds (character models, environment models, animations, VFX).
- Create comprehensive rigs for bipedal characters, including external elements such as capes, robes, hats, and props.
- Light 3D scenes in both visually interesting, and technically efficient ways.
- Create unique and interesting shaders in Unity.
- Work with the Art Director to manage the 3D Art team of modelers, riggers, animators, and tech artists to ensure consistency and quality expectations are met.
- Communicate with the Producer and the Art Director to ensure art quality deadlines are met.
- Create thorough documentation to ensure assets are consistently created and exported to proper scale and specs.
- Assist the Art Director in reviewing 3D models, rigs, and visual effects.
- Work with tech artists and programmers to ensure art is accurately and consistently imported in the game.
- Provide guidance and feedback to the 3D Art Team on adapting 2D designs to 3D.
- Create redline notes and feedback for 3D Art team on both art style consistency (as determined by the Art Director) and technical issues.
- 3-5+ years practical experience working in interactive media as part of a 3D Art pipeline.
- Prior experience managing a small team of artists.
- Expert knowledge of the entire 3D pipeline: modeling, UV-map and texturing, rigging, optimization, lighting, shader creation, post-processing, and exporting.
- Expert knowledge of 3D lighting principles and Unity’s in-engine lighting systems.
- Expert knowledge of shader creation.
- Expert knowledge of character rigging.
- Expert knowledge of Unity.
- Expert knowledge of the Maya-to-Unity pipeline.
- Expert knowledge of game optimization.
- Experience shipping a game for console (Switch, Steam, PS, XBox)
- Ability to export game-ready assets and provide implementation team with all necessary documentation
- Strong attention to detail, organization, naming conventions and file structure.
- Works well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Traditional (2D) animation and/or design skills.
- Knowledge of 3ds Max, ZBrush, or Blender.
- Developed your own games for fun.
- A strong interest in mobile,console, or PC gaming.
- BA in a related discipline or technical equivalent.
- Experience in agile development and task management software such as Jira.
Qualified Candidates should submit their portfolio, cover letter and resume to [email protected] for consideration.