Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Critique Please!

Hi everyone! I am currently looking for a full-time job as an environment artist.
I would like to hear any feedback and critique for single work or the whole portfolio!
I plan to add one UE5 relighting piece to it recently. Should I add or remove any other pieces?

Portfolio Link: https://beiqiliu.artstation.com/albums/1900433

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I like it. Keep pushing forward, for sure, keep improving, but its definitely a hireable portfolio. Main crit is your watermelon house could use better texturing/material definition, and your texturing on your snow enviro could be a little more focused (it looks stylized but some areas, like the ground in front of the dock, have a little too much noise). The snow could also fall a lot slower I think.
  • Felsmoothie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it. Keep pushing forward, for sure, keep improving, but its definitely a hireable portfolio. Main crit is your watermelon house could use better texturing/material definition, and your texturing on your snow enviro could be a little more focused (it looks stylized but some areas, like the ground in front of the dock, have a little too much noise). The snow could also fall a lot slower I think.
    Wow This is so encouraging for me after receiving tons of rejection emails. Thank you for your critique! Sure I will keep improving my snow project :D I was planning to do it more stylized (like Darksiders Genesis) but somehow it turns out more realistic.
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Rejection emails are going to happen a lot, its best to get used to them!
  • JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    I think your texturing in general is a little simplistic, you could def revisit the coffee machine and the scale and take things further in that area, good textures are super important. I like the ice material, it looks nice. I´m not getting a clear direction of what style you´re going for with the snowy scene, do you have a concept you're following or are you making it up yourself?
  • Felsmoothie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think your texturing in general is a little simplistic, you could def revisit the coffee machine and the scale and take things further in that area, good textures are super important. I like the ice material, it looks nice. I´m not getting a clear direction of what style you´re going for with the snowy scene, do you have a concept you're following or are you making it up yourself?
    With the snowy scene, I do not have a specific concept, but for style, I was trying to approach this.
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Jl1ZVD
    As for texture, probably make the coffee machine more used/old or adding things like a logo? 
    Thank you for your advice!