Home Marmoset

Marmoset Toolbag 4 albedo baking broken

wilson66
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
wilson66 polycounter lvl 8
I have two identical models where only the UVs differ, and I need to transfer textures from one model to the other one. Baking most of the required map types works fine (metalness, roughness, normals look as expected after baking), but transfer of the albedo map doesn't work. Toolbag creates a strange black map where you can see the outlines of the UV islands, but it is unusable as it is. 

Anyone else experience this, or know what could be going on here?

EDIT:

Found out myself. For some reason, there cannot be pure black areas the albedo texture (outside the UV islands). When I change the color to light gray in the original texture, it works... strange behavior nonetheless. Is this some kind of feature?

EDIT 2:

Oh for christ sakes, now it bakes the albedo map in black and white, like a mask?? What is going on here?

Toolbag bakes the albedo map in either completely black now, or in a black-and-white, like a mask. Depending on if I activate or de-activate the metalness map in the shader. This can't be right.

If I unload the metalness map in the shader, and activate the 'invert' checkbox in the Reflectivity/ Metalness section of the shader, Toolbag bakes the albedo map correctly. What??!

Replies