Hard Surface 3D Modeler - Freelance/Remote
Visual Purple is looking multiple Freelance 3D Modelers with a focus on environment and hard surface art.
The ideal candidate would have two years non-educational experience and proficiency in a primary digital content creation package, preferably Modo. The successful candidate will have extensive experience creating props and environment pieces done in a Stylized Sci-fi art style utilizing PBR texturing methods for use in UE4.
• Work with Directors and Leads to create compelling and immersive art that supports and drive gameplay first.
• Ability to stay organized and productive.
• Work with industry standard tools such as; Modo, Substance, Adobe Suite, and others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have a good foundation in hard surface modeling ,environment modeling, and texturing.
• Strong understanding of form, color, texture, and lighting as it pertains to environment creation.
• Experience and competency in Substance designer and painter.
• Experience in a production environment with Unreal Engine 4.
• Relevant work experience with at least one delivered and completed non-school based project.
• Experience optimizing for real-time applications.
• Ability to fit into an establish 3D pipeline.
• Experience developing for VR
• Must be a team player capable of working as part of both small and large teams on complex and deadline driven projects.
Freelance, can be done remote.
Please apply by providing your current resume/cv, cover letter, and a link to your demo reel or website with examples of game ready 3D environment and hard surface work, to Careers and the subject line "Freelance Hard Surface Artist".
Applications without a portfolio submission will not be considered for this position.
Visual Purple designs and builds the next generation of training. Realistic and engaging story lines form the backbone of our games. Replicating ‘real world’ experiences and creative game design, resulting in cost effective custom solutions for our clients.
We are a small studio of passionate gamers that love to play and create games. If you love getting to contribute to every aspect of game design and the opportunity to grow and learn, this is the team for you.
Visual Purple, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Freelance, Temporary