Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tomahawk

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
ducklover polycounter lvl 3
Hi everybody!
Finished a new piece of work, any critique is appreciated.
Triangles count: 2,254.

Replies

• Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    Great textures and lighting! Phenomenal :) with a low tricount like that, a wireframe would be a nice to have.
  • ducklover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d said:
    Great textures and lighting! Phenomenal :) with a low tricount like that, a wireframe would be a nice to have.
    Thank you! 
  • Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    Nice! If you've got the interiors modeled and has the ability to be separated like that, should def showcase that in the renders too - just a nice bonus touch of attention to detail :)

my only critique is these uber tight chamfers could probably be collapsed, I didn't notice much of a silhouette change with the textures on to notice that this geo is indeed chamfered. Especially if it's in an inner part of the model.
  • ducklover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d said:
    Nice! If you've got the interiors modeled and has the ability to be separated like that, should def showcase that in the renders too - just a nice bonus touch of attention to detail :)

my only critique is these uber tight chamfers could probably be collapsed, I didn't notice much of a silhouette change with the textures on to notice that this geo is indeed chamfered. Especially if it's in an inner part of the model.
    That's a good idea for a shot!
    I agree about chamfers that they are not that nesessary, especially the top one under the cap and on the wooden handle, I thought since it would be close to the camera if it was in a real game that would be nice to make the mesh more detailed but yea, I should have got rid of them, that was not the smartest decision. Thank you!