Home Adobe Substance

Metadata in sbs files

gnoop
polycounter
Offline / Send Message
gnoop polycounter
Does anyone have an idea  what  someone possible could do with it?       Can I write keywords there   or any kind of tag  Adobe Briidge or any other program could read? 

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    If you want to access the data from outside designer  either use the automation toolkit or parse the XML 

Every graph has several attributes that can be used for filtering.  

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    So basically I need a kind of  text  search  in outside   file browser  , not something  automatic .      In a word all those tag. label and description work only in  SD own browser?
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    No, it's XML.

You can either make or find a tool that parses and searches XML or you can write a tool that uses the automation toolkit which specifically deals with SBS/sbsar files and has handy functions for pulling the data out

You could probably build a Windows explorer plugin fairly easily or knock something up in c# - it'll have to talk to python but that's fairly straightforward afaik
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Thanks poopipe      But it's outside of my knowledge unfortunately  .  Perhaps one day I will have time to master python  and c#  when on my retirement  :)
        Found  that Total commander I use  can at least search  (slow) for those sbs   tags and labels  using it searching inside files option.    Never been able to get it from Windows itself.