Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(Finished project) South Vibes (Unity 3D Hdrp)

node
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
anas node
Happy to share my finished environment created on unity HDRP. Go check the full scene and process.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mDa831
Your thoughts and critiques are desirable

Replies

• Lether
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lether polycounter lvl 8
    Hey, first congrats on finishing your project :)

It looks to me that your project is a little bit too "clean". I mean a lots of things are aligned (trees, street lights), the edges of your urban assets are razor blade, the fence in the last picture has no waves in it (it is perfectly stretched), the ground arn't stained or dirty, the roads arn't that plane (often there are bumpiness on the road :) ) ...

It might be just my feelings, but I feel your scene lacks contrasts. You could refine and push further your lighting and post-processing.

To resume, I think it is a good starting point and I think you could gives chaos/dirt to your work. It could be inside your texturing, you could break the sharp edge which are everywhere and you could slightly rotate a lots of things. Nothing is perfectly aligned in real life (I assume you want to thrive to realistic rendering on this work).

Here is a few pictures of US street to illustrate what I am writting about chaos and dirt :

Have a nice day ;) And good work :)

• anas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    anas node
    thanks for you crititques.I appreciate that .i aggree with you that the scene is clean a little especially the texture in the houses But in term of  alignment.I intentionaly did that based on some references (see them on my arstation project page) maybe i have pushed that too much.In order to lead the eye forward since this scene is meant to be like a linear level as well as show the ability of making open world scenes .yes i need some variation on scale and rotation for trees .yes the assets are a bit perfect  on the edges especially the houses .the fence need a bit of damage and dirt.i have tried to give the ground a bit of dirtiness on texture but it 's hard to achive that since dirt on th texture leads to repetition ( more assets to hide it ).the road texture has bumbiness on the places that cars don't touch.(you can see cyberpunk game roads and my references).It think you didn't see other images

about the chaos and dirtiness it requires too much assets and work since this scene is quite big it is hard to to add dirt in every place (prefabs=repetition).  and i'm not an experienced artist as you have said it' is a good starting point and i'm learning along the way.

about lighting i have used a color look up from phototshop which reduces contrast and pushs the  orange color a bit to get the south central film looks (end of watch,training day).

Thanks again and d'ont miss to see more on my artstation project page