Home Technical Talk

Graphic Tablet size

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Mazzletov polycounter lvl 2
Hello everyone
I am looking to buy a new Graphic Tablet. I am currently using a Wacom Intuos Small for sculpting in Zbrush.
I am using a 34" monitor and I am not planning on transporting it a lot (never).

I was wondering what size of tablet I should get? Should I get a Intuos Pro Medium or Large? 
Does anyone have any other recommendations? (Other brands,... )

Replies

• thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    Is it a 34-inch ultrawide screen? If so I'd go with the size large.

It offers enough space to restrict the active area to a strip that matches the aspect ratio of your monitor. Still possible with medium - but it gets pretty small/low resolution vertically on one of those.

For a regular-aspect widescreen monitor a size medium should suffice.
  • Mazzletov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mazzletov polycounter lvl 2
    thomasp said:
    Is it a 34-inch ultrawide screen? If so I'd go with the size large.

It offers enough space to restrict the active area to a strip that matches the aspect ratio of your monitor. Still possible with medium - but it gets pretty small/low resolution vertically on one of those.

For a regular-aspect widescreen monitor a size medium should suffice.
    Yea it is just a regular aspect one. The one I have is just too small and lacks resolution. Wondering if the medium will be suffice for resulation.
  • Grubber
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grubber polycounter lvl 14

Hope this helps a bit.
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    xp-pen i got the $50, had issues with pen company sent me a free one good (customer service when i got on it, early) otherwise i had wacom (smallest one) for over 10 years.  xp-pen hasn't given me any issues, accidental drops, tablet and pen and even spills and its still good.  Some other users on here changed to xp-pen idk their experiences.