Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE5] Cinema

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ILYHugh polycounter lvl 9
Me making yet another environment scene.  =)

This scene mainly about a Theater being the prime focal point for the Main Street environment. As an added challenge I'm looking to set it in 1980's as well as set it to a mid-western town.

Another key to this scene will be to push for more optimized Shaders to get the proper effect. SO far, I'm using a Vertex Color driven shader for the Emissives. The Marquee so far has no UVs, but has a sub material for the Emissive as well as Imported Vertex color from Maya.

Cheers Everyone!

Replies

• ILYHugh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is an Update:

I adjusted the Shader for the emissives for the Marquee, in the Gif below I have so that a second UV set is used with a horizontal gradient to create a bit of motion for the lights. I also went in and switched out the Large boxes for the block out and created a bunch of metric measured Wall meshes. I also started to flesh out the Vertical Marquee as well. Next thing I will do is flesh out more of the Marquees as well as Block out the Sidewalk and Streets!

• ILYHugh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello! 
    Here is a new update for my Cinema scene. I've gone and updated the Marquees adding the new Theater name as well as updated Neon. 

I also polished up the Block out a bit more for the other buildings. Everything is now built with my Modular Wall Kit. I also added in a simple Sidewalk as well.

Next steps will be to polish the Theater a bit more and add some detail to break up the flatness from the modular kit. 

Cheers guys!