Home Technical Talk

MtoA Warning: [gpu] device 1 is out of range and other Errors

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
I'm on Maya 2022.1, and the MtoA Arnold Integration.

I was working in the hypershade window and toggling between Arnold and the other rendering engines, and I got an error:

// Warning: [gpu] device 1 is out of range //

I did a google search to figure out what it means but there are no results with that specific error. I have a RTX 2080 TI by the way. VRAM shouldn't be an issue.

Anyway, I checked the full logs and found some concerning things:

<div>select -r aiSkyDomeLight1 ;</div><div><b>// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022/scripts/others/createModelPanelMenu.mel line 1282: No object matches name: shaderBallCameraShape1.bookmarksEnabled //</b></div><div><b>// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022/scripts/others/hyperShadePanel.mel line 11233: waitCursor stack empty //</b></div><div><b>// Warning: [gpu] device 1 is out of range //</b></div><div>select -cl ;</div><div>select -r aiStandardSurface1 ;</div><div>select -cl ;</div><div>// Warning: [gpu] device 1 is out of range //</div><div>// Warning: [gpu] device 1 is out of range //</div><div>select -r aiStandardSurface1 ;</div><div>// Warning: [color_manager] unable to determine rendering color space chromaticities for "ACEScg": using default "linear sRGB" chromaticities //</div><div><b>// Warning: [color_manager] unable to determine rendering color space chromaticities for "ACEScg": using default "linear sRGB" chromaticities //</b></div>
Emphasis mine.

Here's a full log:

So there are four issues here:

1. The createModelPanelMenu.mel error
2. The hyperShadePanel.mel error
3, Warning: [gpu] device 1 is out of range error.
4. The color_manager error, falling back to Linear sRGB

I'm concerned about all of these errors, but the one I'm really concerned about is the color_manager error. I absolutely don't want my scene regressing to Linear sRGB.

I know this a ridiculously long post, but I really want to figure out what's going on.

To anyone who can shed light on any one of these issues - it would be GREATLY appreciated.