Home Technical Talk

Maya - Buhler (Boolean Script)

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
goekbenjamin polycounter lvl 5
Hey there!

Since Maya is missing a "live boolean" system where you can move/edit the bool-mesh around as you wish and see changes live,
I decided to make usage of existing stuff inside Maya and try to improve that workflow, called Buhler.

The plugin makes usage of "Booleans-Difference", but keep the outliner CLEAN.
When you already used other boolean scripts, you know what I mean, besides that, and the fact that the other scripts are overloaded with buttons & stuff, I decided to go another way with my script.

At the end, you can either just "bake" it down,
OR you can bake it down and keep the "boolean"-meshes

currently missing features:
- duplicate a bool-mesh does not affect the base-mesh
- instances does not work with Buhler (for now)

If you wish to test the script let me know here.

Every single positive/negative critique will be helpful, so, i would LOVE to hear your suggestions on that one!

Here is a quick video of "Buhler"

Replies

• SandwichBop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Came here from the FlippedNormal Discord. This looks super cool, loved how seamless the boolean operation was in the video and how you can bake it at the end. Reminds me of live boolean in ZBrush a bit. How can we test the script, do you plan on sharing it on GitHub? Would love to see how this got implemented 
  • goekbenjamin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    goekbenjamin polycounter lvl 5
    Great to hear!

I will share a test version as soon as i feel the script is ready to be tested by you all!

I plan to distribute the product on common platforms like gumroad, artstation etc as soon as the script is ready for production.