Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Could use some critiques (WIP Medieval character)

It's my first time sculpting a face and I know It's far from done, but I could use some input on what I should improve and why, The rest of the character is also a WIP, so if you have anything to say about it, I'm all ears.
(Software: blender 2.93)

Replies

• BagelHero
    Online / Send Message
    BagelHero greentooth
    For the face, it'd be great if you could show a front / three quarter / side close up, like this (without the hair, ideally)
  • Antheous_Krii
    BagelHero said:
    For the face, it'd be great if you could show a front / three quarter / side close up, like this (without the hair, ideally)

Alright, got it updated with that new image!
  • wirrexx
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx polycounter
    Use Asoro heads as a reference, i can already see that the distance between eyebrow, nose and chin are not "equal" distance. Take my stuff with a grain of salt, cause i am by no means a character artist. Look at Andrew Loomis sketches and asoro heads to figure out where your face planes are and work them out firstly in a very rough pass in Zbrush or blender. Afterwards, if you need more dense mesh, you could subdivide it to get more density to work with. Your sculpt also have some bumpiness around chin area and head because of this =). keep going! 
  • BagelHero
    Online / Send Message
    BagelHero greentooth
    wirrexx said:
    Use Asoro heads as a reference, i can already see that the distance between eyebrow, nose and chin are not "equal" distance. Take my stuff with a grain of salt, cause i am by no means a character artist. Look at Andrew Loomis sketches and asoro heads to figure out where your face planes are and work them out firstly in a very rough pass in Zbrush or blender. Afterwards, if you need more dense mesh, you could subdivide it to get more density to work with. Your sculpt also have some bumpiness around chin area and head because of this =). keep going! 
    Sorry to correct like this but *asaro
    (This is my fave image collection of that head)

• Phoenix995
    Offline / Send Message
    Phoenix995 interpolator
    hey
    for the folds, did you already try the cloth simulation options you have in zbrush? might be a good try to get more realistic looking folds

• Antheous_Krii
    wirrexx said:

I appreciate it! I'll see if I can workout some of the proportions.
  • Antheous_Krii
    hey
    for the folds, did you already try the cloth simulation options you have in zbrush? might be a good try to get more realistic looking folds

Ahhh, I guess I probably should've mentioned that I'm using Blender.
  • Phoenix995
    Offline / Send Message
    Phoenix995 interpolator
    oh, even better, cloth sim is totaly i thing in blender :D might gives you a good result!
  • Antheous_Krii
    I'll have to look into that, thanks.