Home Marmoset

Marmoset Toolbag 3 - Inaccurate Bake Display with Mirrored UVs

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
b_beauchamp polycounter lvl 2
Hi everyone, 

I'm doing a high to low poly bake in Marmoset Toolbag 3 as part of a practice project. I mirrored a mesh and set half of the UVs one tile over for baking in Marmoset.

For some reason, Marmoset displays mirrored bakes incorrectly, shifting one side up. When I imported the maps into Substance Painter everything lined up great. Marmoset also shows other errors in all bakes, like artifacts, that don't appear on the exported maps or in Substance Painter. It's really hard to tell if the errors I'm getting are genuine or just Marmoset phantoms without moving the maps and meshes into Substance Painter, which is really frustrating. It also makes it way harder to target real baking problems when the fake errors are obscuring them.

Are there any settings I can adjust to limit the appearance of these phantom errors? I've searched online for solutions but I haven't found anyone describing a similar problem. I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to Marmoset so any advice or recourses are appreciated. Thanks!

Marmoset Mirrored Bake:

Substance Painter (imported Marmoset maps with stacked UVs):

Marmoset (other artifacts):

Same area in Substance Painter with imported maps:

Replies