Home Marmoset

Anymore Tb4 texturing tutorials for newbies?

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
I'm a newbie to creating my own textures in tb4. I've been trying to follow the official YouTube videos on creating a new texture project, but I seem to get lost somewhere. I was trying to add layers which I'm familier with in photoshop, but sometimes it doesn't seem to work. I added a couple of layers, saved my project and closed tb4. I then went back later and reopened my project and tried to add another layer. For some reason it wouldn't work, the new paint layer didn't effect anything. I know I'm probably missing something. So I wondered if there are anymore tutorials on this. Also is there a way after I've finished creating a texture I can save it as a preset I can just drag and drop, the same as the textures included with tb4? 

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you tell me more about the problem with layers? A screenshot of the layer setup would be good to see.

If the layer you're trying to edit is a child of another layer, and the parent layer has a certain map type (ie: albedo) disabled, the child layer's contents won't display. You would need to enable that map on the parent layer first. That's my best guess, but I can probably tell you more if you show me the layer setup.

As for exporting materials, there are a couple of different things you can do:

1. If you want to save Smart Material, so that you can drag a set of layers into a new texture project, what you can do is select the layers you want to include, and right-click and select Save As Smart Material or simply drag the layers in the Library window.

2. If you want to save a new material preset, what you would want to do is export your textures to disk (from the Output Maps section of the Texture Project settings). Then, you can create a new material in the Material Editor, apply your newly exported textures, and drag that material into the Library to create a new preset.