Home Technical Talk

Help with Marvelous Designer - Low Poly cloth by default?

As mentioned this is related to Marvelous Designer - I've created a large sheet to fall on my Mixamo model and I've followed at least 3 youtube tutorials to create a ghost. Straight out of the box it seems to work for other creators but mine just seems to be intersecting and looks to be quite low poly. I've changed the particle distance as well as looked at the model scale and everything looks fine on that perspective.
I'm quite new with MD so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a simple setting I'm missing.

Replies

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Not sure but the draping cloth might be too "low poly" to preform as you wish it to.
    I don't play with M.D. much (i should) but when i did things, i thought of them as get the results 1st then worry about what it will look like at the end.
    So go as high as you think you should with this, maybe 50k triangles (as an example) then use other methods to lower it to your liking.
    Also maybe linking the video that shows you the smooth transition you are following and ending up with a different result.  Also ask that youtube creator so you get "results" from the horses mouth, so to speak.  Sure someone who knows more will come around eventually.